NEET eligibility criteria has been prescribed by the National Testing Agency in accordance with the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance test conducted for admission to various medical and allied courses, including MBBS, BDS and AYUSH. Thus, the eligibility criteria of NEET sets up a basic minimum qualification of a candidate to apply for the said courses. NTA has removed the upper age limit clause from NEET eligibility criteria thus enabling aspirants older than 25 years to apply for it. The cap on the number of attempts has also been removed from the eligibility criteria of NEET. All those who wish to apply for this national entrance test were advised to check their eligibility before filling the NEET application form . Candidates who do not take the NEET eligibility criteria seriously, if found ineligible, may have to face severe consequences such as cancellation of their admission.
|BVSC & AH||BDS|
Apply now for Admission of Above Degree.
Candidates appearing for NEET can also refer to this article to know the eligibility criteria. NTA is not likely to change the NEET eligibility criteria for the students appearing next year. Candidates must, however, note that the decision for removing the cap on the upper age limit of NEET aspirants is still pending in the Supreme Court of India. Candidates older than 25 years of age must fill the application form of NEET at their own risk, taking into consideration the fact that the verdict of the apex court will determine their eligibility.
|Category||Minimum aggregate in the qualifying examination (PCB)|
|General - PWD||45%|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ Reserved-PWD||40%|
The maximum number of attempts for the NEET has not been directed by the NTA. Thus, allowing a candidate to appear for NEET as many times as they want to.
Candidates belonging to the UT of J&K/ Ladakh are not eligible to apply for the 15% All India Quota seats and can only apply for the seats of Deemed Universities, ESIC and AFMC.
Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs and foreign nationals are eligible to apply for these seats
Delhi University (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS): Like all other universities, only 15 per cent seats of the colleges affiliated with the Delhi University will be filled through NEET 2020 counselling. The remaining 85 per cent seats will be filled via DU NEET counselling 2020. Candidates who have passed Class 11 and Class 12 from an institute located in Delhi will be able to apply for these 85 per cent seats.
Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia: The institute offers 50 BDS seats, out of which 47 seats will be filled through the MCC NEET counselling 2020. The remaining three seats fall under the institutional quota and will be allotted to only those candidates who had passed Class 11 and Class 12 from JMI.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU): The institute reserves 50 per cent of its seats for candidates who have studied in AMU for the past three years. Only such candidates will be able to apply for the institutional quota seats of AMU. The remaining 50 per cent will be filled through the MCC counselling of NEET 2020.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU): All candidates who fulfil the basic eligibility criteria for NEET MCC counselling can apply for the seats at BHU. There is no special requirement for applying to this institute.
|Code 03||Candidate has completed Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English.
Candidate has completed the qualifying examination equivalent to Class 12 completed from a state board.
|Code 05||The candidate is enrolled in a three year degree course with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology and has cleared the first year including practical tests.|
|Code 07||Candidate has passed an examination which is equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
Candidate has completed the qualifying examination from a foreign University